«The Indonesian Way» is already the most comprehensive textbook for beginning Indonesian (bahasa Indonesia), but there is still room for improvement. Here are some of our future plans. In order to realize these ambitious plans, we need money. Please help us raising the needed monies by donating to «The Indonesian Way».
- Momentarily we are revamping the entire online edition, applying a new design, and updating all latihan (exercises). The exercises were developed using the now outdated software Hotpotatoes. The main problem with Hotpotatoes is its reliance on Flash which is not supported by iOS. We hoped to finish this project by late 2016 and while we succeeded in converting the exercises, it will take us a few more months, possibly until late 2017, to recode all 113 lessons.
- Currently we are developing an e-book in the EPUB format with the kind assistance of the College of Asia and the Pacific of the Australian National University. STATUS: Started but then abruptly abandoned by ANU due to lack of funds. Completion Date: mid 2016.
The following projects will be carried out as soon as we have the funds to do so…
- The Teacher Notes, originally written in English, will be translated into Indonesian. After all, most instructors are native speakers of Indonesian, and not English. STATUS: Planned for 206-2017. Partly completed
- An Amazon Kindle e-book version in AZW format.
- Mobile applications for Android and iOS.
- We also intend to add 7 more lessons to the currently existing 113 lessons.